• Rigid construction ensuring accurate clamping and alignment of work pieces.
• Accommodates conical, cylindrical, flat & rectangular work pieces.
• Patented finger clamping mechanism, fingers supported to give a 'rock & roll' movement, maximum clamp pressure 70 kg./cm. each side of fingers.
• Ready horizontal adjustment of fingers to suit welding parameters.
• Replaceable finger tips
• Clamping pressure readily adjustable by regulator positioned on machine pedestal.
• Backing bar insert designed to give uniform gas flow (optional).
• Precision seam alignment gauges
• Precision variable speed leadscrew drive for welding torch carriage - Drive can be manually released for rapid re-positioning of carriage.
• Automatic sequence of initiating and ending of weld cycle
• Limit switches to prevent overrun at each end.
Tachometer indicating carriage speed (optional)
• Foot operated air controls for each row of clamping fingers.
• Backing bar readily interchangeable.
• Rotating mandrels can be provided which incorporate two or more backing bars to facilitate rapid changeover to handle various forms of work pieces.
BODE HSW type Seam Welding Positioners have been designed for welding longitudinal seams of cylinders, conical and rectangular work pieces and, in addition flat sheets of plate. The robust construction of the machine and patented design of the clamping finger operation ensures the correct alignment for the welding of thin-gauge material in stainless steel, mild steel, titanium, copper or aluminum. The variable speed traveling carriage which traverses an accurately machined beam ensures the torch follows precisely the welding seam. The BODE HSW range of positioners will produce uniformly strong welds and reduce welding costs, using TIG (argon arc) with and without filler wire - MIG (metal inert gas) using argon, CO2 or gas mixture - Submerged Arc, processes.
F. Bode & Sons Ltd reserve the right to change designs and specifications.
Please download the latest brochure.